Abbott Healthcare crowds with controllers because of Indian cough syrup complaint [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Abbott Healthcare: Abbott Healthcare was Founded in 1888 by a young Chicago based physician Dr. Wallace Calvin Abbott. The Healthcare has been dedicated to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health.
- It’s headquarter is in Mumbai.
- Abbott India Limited is a junior of Abbott Laboratories.
- It raises healthy brand equity in multiple healing categories such as Women’s Health, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Thyroid and Diabetes & Urology Pain Management, Vitamins, Anti - Infective, etc.
About its popular brands:
- It produces ‘Digene’ which is ranked as no. 1 and prescribed Antacid with over 5.5 million prescriptions annually.
- It also produces ‘Duphaston’ which is also ranked as no. 1.
About its cough syrup complaints:
- Drug maker Abbott Healthcare is being blamed that a sample of the company’s cough syrup contained extreme levels of codeine.
- The sample of Abbott’s popular “Phensedyl” was an unaffected product or a fake product has not been proven, but the doubtful bunch of 80, 000 bottles has not been recollected.
- It was blamed firstly by the state laboratory in West Bengal.
- Published on: September 15, 2015