According to India list Indian Oil Corp tops in 2015 Fortune 500 companies [ Current News (Concise) ]
In terms of annual revenue as per an annual list of 2015 Fortune 500 companies in India State-run Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has emerged as the country’s biggest company. With annual revenue of Rs. 4, 51, 911 crore IOC has topped the list for consecutive sixth year.
Mukesh Ambani-led private sector Reliance Industries has ensure the second place with a revenue of Rs. 3, 82, 565 crore.
Top ten companies are
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC): 4, 51, 911 crore annual revenue.
- Reliance Industries: Rs. 3, 82, 565 crore annual revenue.
- Tata Motors: Rs. 2, 67, 025 crore annual revenue.
- State Bank of India (SBI): Rs. 2, 57, 289 crore annual revenue.
- Bharat Petroleum (BPCL): Rs. 2, 40, 367 crore annual revenue.
- Hindustan Petroleum: Rs. 2, 13, 380 crore annual revenue.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC): Rs. 1, 65, 161 crore annual revenue.
- Tata Steel: Rs. 1, 41, 669 crore annual revenue.
- Hindalco Industries: Rs. 1, 06, 897 crore annual revenue.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS): Rs. 98, 368 crore annual revenue.
- The global business magazine Fortune’s Indian edition has listed as the country’s 500 largest corporations in this year.
- As compared with 2014, total revenue of all firms has grown a mere 2.7 per cent and profits fell by 5.9 per cent.
- There are as many as five energy companies in the top 10 in this list.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 29, 2015