According to the France Researchers Zika Virus Can Cause Severe Neurological Disorder [ Current News (Concise) ]
According to the study of France researchers mosquito-borne Zika virus might cause a severe neurological disorder called Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS). GBS is unusual situation in which the body’s immune system attacks a part of the nervous system that controls muscle strength leading to muscle weakness in the legs and arms.
The disease is also be initiated by contagious infections as well as the dengue and Chikungunya viruses which is transmitted by be vector Aedes aegypti mosquitoes (also host for Zika Virus).
- Recently 42 patients who became ill in a previous outbreak of virus blood samples have been taken for study and researchers has found that patients developed the neurological problems around six days after Zika infection making the virus main culprit of severe neurological disorder
- But Zika virus produced biological mechanism the Guillain-Barre syndrome has yet to be identified.
- World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a public health emergency of international concern because of outbreak of Zika virus in Latin America and also rising cases of microcephaly and Guillain-Barre syndrome in February 2016.
- It is observed that there is During the Zika outbreak 20-fold increase in the number of GBS cases has been examined
- Published on: March 2, 2016