Air India Ltd selects Ashwani Lohani as CMD [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Ashwani Lohani: Ashwani Lohani is an Indian Railway Service officer and Mechanical Engineers of batch 1989. Currently, He is working as Managing Director and Commissioner Tourism in Bhopal of Madhya Pradesh.
- He is the founder of the Indian Steam Railway Society (ISRS).
- He is also member of Museums Associations of India and Institute of Rolling Stock Engineers.
- He has authored two books namely ‘winning at work against all odds’ and ‘a coffee table book Smoking Beauties’ (2004).
- He received National Award for Outstanding Performance, Ministry of Railways in April 1996.
- He also received PATWA International Young Achievers Award at Berlin in March 2007.
- He received Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Award “Icon of Change” in May 2010.
- He achieved Life Time Achievement Award in Tourism in September 2010.
- He received “Eminent Engineer” award by Institution of Engineers India in September 2013.
- He also received “Excellence in Governance” award in November 2013.
About his appointment as CMD:
- Ashwani Lohani appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Air India Ltd by Union Government.
- He was selected by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) which is chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He has been contracted for three years.
- He will take charge of senior IAS officer Rohit Nandan whose extended tenure is ending on 21st August 2015.
- Published on: August 21, 2015