Airtel and China Mobile inks MoU for evolving technologies [ Current News (Concise) ]
Airtel and China Mobile inks MoU for evolving technologies on 4 March 2015 for the purpose of developing high technologies like 4G, 5G and procuring telecom devices and equipment.
- Airtel Logo Indian telecoms giant Bharti Airtel and world’s largest telecom operator China Mobile have signed a (MoU) by China Mobile Chairman Xi Guohua and Bharti Airtel founder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal.
- Airtel and China Mobile giants will work together for TD-LTE (Time division-Long-term evolution) technology and they will also cooperate on products development and standards. They are promoting growth in a robust ecosystem to accelerate the commercialization of TD-LTE and evolving technologies like 4.5G/5G.
- At present, Airtel operates across 20 countries in Asia and Africa and has customer base of 312 million subscribers as in December 2014 and revenue of 8 billion pounds. It is also ranked amongst the top 4 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers.
- China Mobile is the world largest telecom operator both in terms of revenue and customer base. It has customer base of 790 million subscribers and revenue of 66 billion pounds.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 7, 2015