Airtel launch 4G services in 296 cities of India [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Airtel Company: Bharti Airtel Limited means Airtel is the third largest global mobile services provider in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. In India, the company’s offers include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national international long distance services to carriers. In geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce.
- Airtel announced the commercial launch of high speed 4G services which is also called LTE in 296 towns across India.
- This was announced by MD and CEO of India South Asia Gopal Vittal.
About previous launches of 4G:
- Airtel launched first 4G networks in Kolkata, India in April 2012.
About comparisons of prices network plans:
- Airtel provides 4G plan at price of 3G plan to Airtel customers with starting price of INR 25.
- In addition, Airtel is offering six months of unlimited music streaming and downloads on Wynk Music; and five free movies per month for six months on the Eros Now channel of Wynk Movies with every 4G SIM swap.
- Airtel has also introduced a new range of Infinity Plans starting at Rs. 999. These high - end plans offer unlimited voice calls on mobile first time in India along with data benefits and access to Wynk Movies and Wynk Music.
Other service provide by Airtel:
- Instant SIM swap in minutes.
- Home delivery of SIMs and postpaid connections in four hours.
- Flex page: This breakthrough technology is an automated platform that allows customers to track their data usage and get real time usage alerts.
- With Flex page, customers can also upgrade their mobile plan on the go, as and when they finish their monthly data quota
- Published on: August 7, 2015