Akhil Amar appointed to key administration post by US President Barack Obama [ Current News (Concise) ]
Indian-American professor Akhil Amar who has been appointed as a member of the prestigious National Council on Humanities of US by President Barack Obama from Yale University. At present, Akhil Amar is Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science at the Yale University and he has been also professor at both Yale College and Yale Law School since 1985.
- Akhil Amar was co-editor of ‘Processes of Constitutional Decision-making’, constitutional law casebook and he had various posts of professorships including Southmayd Professor (1993-2008), Assistant Professor (1985-1988) and Associate Professor (1988-1990).
- Akhil Amar is a member of the Board of Directors of the Coalition of Freedom Advisory Board of the National Constitution Center and Constitutional Accountability Center.
- From 1984 to 1985, Akhil Amar also had worked as a law clerk to Judge Stephen Breyer, then of the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Akhil Amar was elected as a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2007 and in 2000 was named a Senior Scholar by the National Constitution Center.
- Akhil Amar completed graduation (BA degree) from Yale College and a JD from Yale Law School and he also had written several other books on constitutional law.
- Published on: May 25, 2015