Alan Rickman the British actor passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
British actor Alan Rickman passed away in London, England at age of 69 due to cancer. About Alan Rickman: Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman was born on 21st February 1946. He was an actor and director of English films. He was known for playing a variety of roles on stage and screen, mostly as a composite opponent.
- Rickman was elected to the Council of theRoyal Academy of Dramatic Art shortly known as RADA in 1993.
- He was also then served as RADA’s Vice-Chairman and a member of its Artistic Advisory and Training committees and Development Board.
- His first lead in acting career was in 1985 as the Vicomte de Valmont in the stage production of Les Liaisons Dangereuses.
About his achievements:
- He received theBAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
- The title character inRasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny in which he won a Golden Globe, an Emmy and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
- He was also included in as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history and got No. 34 in 1995 and ranked No. 59 in Empire’s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list in October 1997. Empire
- Published on: January 18, 2016