Alexis Tsipras the Greek PM resigns from his post [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Alexis Tsipras: Alexis Tsipras was born on 28th July 1974. He is a Greek politician who served as Prime Minister of Greece from 26th January 2015. He was also leader of the left - wing Syriza party since 2009.
- He was first elected to the Greek Parliament in 2009.
- Syriza has been characterized as an anti - establishment party whose success has sent “shock - waves across the European Union”.
About his resignation:
- Alexis Tsipras has announced his resignation in a televised address to the charge nation which is center of Eurozone crisis.
- He has submitted his resignation to President Prokopis Pavlopoulos and called for sudden elections as early as possible.
- He has resigned to defend the country’s huge new 86 billion euro bailout programme which had activated a revolution within his own left - wing Syriza party.
- After his resignation Greece will handle by custodian government until the election to elect new government takes place which is expected to be held on September 2015.
- Published on: August 25, 2015