Allahabad High Court Has Completed 150th Foundation Year [ Current News (Concise) ]
On 14th March 2016 the Allahabad High Court celebrated its 150th foundation day. At this occasion President Pranab Mukherjee was the Chief Guest of the celebrations along with TS Thakur Chief Justice of India (CJI) and Union Law Minister DV Sadananda Gowda were some of the dignitaries who attended the function.
- CJI Justice Thakur dedicated digitization centre of Allahabad High court on this occasion.
- Reserve bank of India (RBI) has also released a 10 rupees coin.
- Postal department has also released a postage stamp and a Souvenir of the High court.
About Allahabad High Court:
- In 1866 Allahabad High Court was founded after seat was shifted from Agra to Allahabad in 1869.
- It had replaced the old Sadr Diwani Adalat.
- Formerly it was known as the High Court of Judicature for the North-Western Provinces and in 1919 it was renamed as Allahabad High Court.
- It is one of the first high courts in India and fourth-oldest High Court in India after Calcutta, Madras and Bombay established under Indian High Courts Act 1861.
- At the present time it is the highest judicial body of Uttar Pradesh and it has also a bench in Lucknow.
- Several political and legal luminaries were part of this historic court.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 14, 2016