Ambedkar memorial is initiated by PM Narendra Modi in London [ Current News (Concise) ]
About initiation of Ambedkar memorial: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has initiated the recently developed Ambedkar memorial by Maharashtra Government at King Henry’s Road in London, United Kingdom. On this occasion, Prime Minister revealed a sign to mark the dedication of the Memorial and it was also attended by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
About the London house of Dr. Ambedkar:
- Maharashtra government had bought the house in London where social improver and planner of the Indian Constitution Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar had stayed as a student in the 1920s.
- Maharashtra Government had purchased the house for 32 crore rupees in September 2015.
- It had converted into an international memorial involving of a public museum and a library owed to its cultural and national importance and pride of millions of people of India.
Other reveal by Prime Minister:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also revealed a Basaveshwara Statue at Lambeth in London.
- Basaveshwara was a great philosopher and social activist who had fought against social problems of his time and worked for the union of equality of the public.
- Basaveshwara’s life and ideas are related in the holy text Basava purana of the south Indian Hindu Lingayat community.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 23, 2015