American mathematician and Nobel Laureate John Nash passed away [ Current News (Concise) ]
American mathematician and Nobel laureate John Nash passed away on 24 May 2015 at the age 86 who died in a car crash along with his wife Alicia Nash. John Forbes Nash was born on June 13, 1928 in West Virginia State of United States. John Forbes Nash was renowned for works in game theory which based on mathematical study of decision-making, differential geometry and partial differential equations.
- His theories are used in modern computing which based on Nash Equilibrium in game theory, economics, evolutionary biology, artificial intelligence, accounting, politics and military theory.
- Nash was received novel Award and he shared Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with game theorists Reinhard Selten and John Harsany in 1994.
- Recently, he was awarded the Abel Prize along with Louis Nirenberg for his work on nonlinear partial differential equations in 2015.
- The biography was later adapted in movie starring Russell Crowe in 2001 with the same name and the film had won four Academy Awards (Oscars) for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress in 2012.
- His biography is A Beautiful Mind: His breakthroughs in maths and his struggles with schizophrenia were basis for biography A Beautiful Mind written by Sylvia Nasar’s.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 26, 2015