Anandi Ramalingam: First Woman Director of BEL [ Current News (Concise) ]
Anandi Ramalingam appointed as the Director Marketing of the Public sector Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) and with this she becomes a first woman who is appointed as director of BHL.
Before this appointment, she was serving as the general manager of the Military Communication Strategic Business Unit (SBU) at Bengaluru Complex of BEL.
About Anandi Ramalingam
- Anandi Ramalingam had joined BEL in March 1985.
- She has completed her BE in Electronics and Communication engineering (ECE) from the PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- She had rich experience of 20 years in equipment testing working across various domains of military communication including heading testing for Shakti.
- Shakti is the flagship Artillery Combat Command and Control System which was developed by BEL and DRDO for the AREN (Army Radio Engineered Network) and Indian Army.
- Bharat Electronics Limited is shortly called as BEL is an Indian government aerospace and defense company.
- It has nine factories, and few local offices in India.
- It is maintained by the Government of India and it’s mainly production of advanced electronic products for the Indian Armed Forces.
- BEL is one of the eight PSUs (Power Supply Units) under Ministry of Defense.
- It has provided night vision, critical communication systems, and electronic warfare and radar systems to the Indian Defence services for last 60 years.
- Awards and honors
- BEL received Raksha Mantri’s Awards in the categories of ‘Excellence in Performance’, ‘Best Performance in Export’, ‘Best Performing Division of DPSUs’, ‘Import Substitution’, ‘Design Effort’ and ‘Innovation’.
- BEL received ELCINA-EFY Awards for ‘Excellence in Electronics Hardware Manufacturing & Services’ in the categories of ‘Research & Development’ and ‘Environment Management’.
- BEL received the Business world International Business Award in the Electricals, Electronics & Machinery Category.
- BEL won the Institute of Public Enterprises (IPE) HR Leadership Award for “Organisation with Innovative HR Practices”.
- BEL received the Dun & Bradstreet’s Award on being the ‘Top Indian Company in the Electrical & Electronic Equipment sector’.
- Published on: September 20, 2016