Anant Maheshwari Appointed as President of Microsoft India [ Current News (Concise) - Science & Technology ]
Anant Maheshwari appointed as a president of software giant Microsoft in India. As a President of Microsoft, he will be responsible for Microsoft’s product, service, and support offerings in India.
- He joins Microsoft from Honeywell and in Honeywell he was the President of India.
- He has held various business leadership roles at Honeywell for last 12 years.
- Before Honeywell, he has been connected with McKinsey & Company.
Maheshwari has worked with clients in other industries like:
- IT and e-commerce
- Private equity
- Engineering equipment
- Steel and pharmaceuticals
- His leadership will be important to continued growth, transform as an organisation and support the customers of Microsoft.
- Microsoft’s goal is mobile-first and cloud-first its complement to balance India’s growth themes of smart cities and Digital India.
- The goal of the company is fully related with India’s needs and priorities and supports a huge range of creative growth opportunities. It’s also mission of India.
Microsoft in 7000 employees is working in the different department like:
- Sales and marketing
- Research and development
- Customer services and support.
About Anant Maheshwari:
- He has done his BE (Hons) Electrical & Electronics from BITS Pilani, MSc (Hons) Economics from BITS Pilani and is an MBA (PGDBM) from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Currently he has been appointed as president of Microsoft.
- Microsoft is an American multinational technology company.
- It’s headquartered in Redmond, Washington,
- Microsoft’s mission empowering people and organizations in the world.
Its known software products are:
- Microsoft Windows line of operating system
- Microsoft Office suite
- Internet Explorer
- Edge web browsers
Logo of Microsoft:
- Published on: August 4, 2016