Anatoli Ilyin a Soviet Football Legend is No More [ Current News (Concise) ]
Anatoly Ilyin a Soviet football legend has passed away in Moscow, Russia at the age of 84 years. He was become well-known for scoring winning goal which had helped Russia to win gold medal in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics by biting Yugoslavia with 1 - 0 score.
About Anatoly Ilyin:
- He was born on 27th June 1931 in Moscow, USSR (now Russia).
- Ilyin had played for the Spartak Moscow club from 1949 to 1962.
- Between 1952 - 59 he mostly played at striker position and was capped 31 times by the then Soviet and scored 16 goals.
- Olympic champion in 1956.
- Soviet Top League winner in 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958 and 1962.
- Soviet Top League runner-up in 1954 and 1955.
- Soviet Top League bronze in 1957 and 1961.
- Soviet Cup winner: 1958.
- Soviet Top League top scorer in 1954 with 11 goals and in 1958 with 20 goals.
- Published on: February 15, 2016