Andrew Grove Former Intel CEO is No More [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Andrew Grove: He was born on 2nd September 1936 in Budapest, Hungary. He had left US in 1956 - 7 and then he had survived Nazi occupation and later Soviet repression. In 1968 he was present at the Intel’s founding.
- He became president of Intel in 1979 and CEO in 1987.
- From 1997 to 2005 he has worked as chairman of the board.
- In the shift in focus from memory chips to microprocessors of Intel he had played an essential role.
- Intel had developed microprocessors including the 386 and the Pentium, which helped to change the face of the personal computer era under his guidance.
- He had played revolutionary role in converting Intel into the world’s largest manufacturer of semiconductors.
- He was famously known as the ‘guy who drove the growth phase’ of Silicon Valley.
- “Only the Paranoid Survive” was written by him in 1999 and it is still popular in the business management world.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 23, 2016