Angelique Kerber wins Australian Open Title of 2016 of Tennis [ Current News (Concise) ]
Angelique Kerber was born on 18th January 1988. She is a German professional tennis player from Poland. She started her career as tennis player in year 2003. Currently she is ranked as world’s no. 2 tennis player by winning Grand slam at 2016 Australian Open title.
About her achievements:
- Angelique Kerber has won eight singles titles and at least one title on every surface on the WTA Tour.
- She has also won further five titles at the Premier-level tournaments ofParis, Charleston, Stuttgart, Birmingham and Stanford.
- Moreover, she has won eleven singles and three doubles titles on theITF tour during her career.
About winning of 2016 Australian Open title:
- Angelique Kerber from Germany has won the 2016 Australian Open Title of Tennis in the women’s singles category.
- In the final match played at Melbourne of Australia, she defeated defending champion Serena Williams in three sets 6 - 3, 3 - 6, 6 - 4 score.
- Kerber became the first German women tennis player by winning a major Grand Slam Tennis title since Steffi Graf in 1999.
About other winning at 2016 Australian Open title:
- In Men’s Doubles, Jamie Murray of United Kingdom and Bruno Soares of Brazil won the 2016 Australian Open in the men’s doubles category.
- Published on: February 1, 2016