Anhad Jawanda Won Gold Medal at ISSF Junior World Cup [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
Anhad Jawanda won the gold medal in 25m games gun singular event at the junior shooting World Cup and he was also part of the triumphant group. With his achievement, India has won three gold medals in ISSF Junior World Cup.
- Jawanda has scored 293 in the exactness and the fast shoot segments he has beaten Gurmeet with seven focuses.
- Along with Anhad Jawanda, Gurmeet secured second position with silver medal in men’s 25m gun.
- Australia’s Sergei Evglevski secured bronze by beating Sambhaji Patil (573 score) with one point.
- With this India won 9 gold and was placed at second position just after Russia with 10 gold medals and total 21 medals.
- Pratik Borse, Arjun Babuta and Prashant also had won the team gold in the 10m air rifle event with 1849.9 score. Arjun and Pratik also qualified in the individual finals and in this Arjun has bagged bronze medal.
- Ahnad and Gurmeet had collaborated with Arjun Das for the group gold in the same classification.
- Dilreen Gill, Geetaksmi Dixit and Aashi Rastogi team has won bronze medal for india in Junior women’s 10m air rifle event where as Gaayathri Nithyanadam has won bronze in 50m rifle prone event.
The ISSF World Cup
- The International Shooting Sport Federation was founded in 1986 and conducts competitions similar to the Olympic shooting competitions.
- It arranges the Olympic shooting events, with four competitions per year in each event, since 1988 World Cup Final.
- It organize 3 events for both the category Men and Women:
- Published/Last Modified on: September 22, 2016