Anil Kumar Jha appointed as temporary CMD of NTPC Limited [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Anil Kumar Jha: He joined National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited in 1977 as an executive trainee and was associated with Singrauli Project. He has rich and varied corporate experience of 38 years in areas of projects such as engineering and design, monitoring and project planning, construction and management.
About National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC):
- It is a Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), operational under the leadership of Union Ministry of Power.
- It is India’s largest power generator and accounts for 25 per cent of total electricity generated in the country
- Established in 1975 by Union Government which now holds 70 % of its equity shares as of May 2015 (after divestment of its stake in 2004, 2010, 2013, and 2015).
- Headquarters in New Delhi.
AK Jha hired as temporary CMD:
- A K Jha has been given additional charge of temporary Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited.
- Presently, he is NTPC’s Director (Technical) and will be temporary CMD for three months from September 1, 2015
- Published/Last Modified on: September 11, 2015