Anil Kumble Re-Appointed as ICC Cricket Committee Chairman [ Current News (Concise) - Committees ]
Anil Kumble former India captain has been re-appointed as ICC (International Cricket Council) Cricket Committee chairman for a second term of three years previously he was selected for the post of chairman for his first term in 2012 and now he will remain to head the panel until 2018.
- Anil Kumble is all-time highest wicket-taker for India.
- Earlier Indian Rahul Dravid was also named member of the ICC Cricket Committee.
- Mahela Jayawardene former Sri Lanka skipper also has been appointed member.
- Tim May previous Australia off-spinner has been designated as current player typical and shall substitute Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, who has ended his three-year term.
- Umpires’ representative in the committee is three-time ICC Umpire of the Year Richard Kettleborough.
- The ICC Cricket Committee is demonstrative of all investors in the game of cricket, counting players, umpires and the media.
- It is authorized to make references on cricket playing subjects to the ICC’s Chief Executives’ Committee (CEC) and, if the substance is a policy matter, the ICC Board for approval.
About Anil Kumble:
- Anil Kumble was born on 17th October 1970 at Bengaluru.
- He is an earlier international cricketer and former captain of the Indian cricket team.
- He is a right-arm leg spin bowler.
- He has taken 619 wickets in Test cricket and remnants the third-highest wicket taker after Muttiah Muralitharan and Shane Warne—as of 2015.
- Kumble was not a big turner of the ball, rather relied much on pace and accuracy like his colleagues.
- His capability to make the ball bounce with elusive differences in pace which made him a hard bowler to face for the batsmen; therefore he was nicknamed as “Jumbo”.
- He had made his test debut on 9th August 1990 agents England and ODI debut on 25th April 1990 agents Sri Lanka.
- He had taken his retirement from ODI in 2007 and from test match in 2008.
- He was also awarded with Padma Shri in 2005.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 16, 2016