Aprajita Rai, the first women IPS officer from Sikkim [ Current News (Concise) ]
Aprajita Rai made her state proud by becoming the first IPS officer from Sikkim. She cracked UPSE exam in 2012 and ranked 358th. She was owed the IPS cadre. She currently is posted in Hooghly in West Bengal.
- She is 28 years of age.
- She was born in uneducated family where her father who was divisional forest office.
- She was a state topper and scored 95 percent in ISC exames.
- She later on completed her BA LLB by winning a gold medal.
- She has also won many trophies such as West Bengal Govt Trohpy for Bengali
- The 55th Batch of Senior Course Officers Trophy for Best Turn Out.
- 1958 Batch IPS officers’ Trophy for the best Lady Outdoor Probationer
- Shri Umesh Chandra Trophy for Field Combat.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 4, 2015