Archana, Anezka won cadet girls’ doubles title [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Indo-Czech Republic pair Archana Girish Kamath and Anezka Ilcikova won the cadet girls’ doubles table tennis title at the French junior and cadet open on 19 April 2015 in Metz, France. In the title final match Archana and Anezka defeated the French pair of Lucie Gauthier and Leili Mostafavi 10-12, 7-11, 11-8, 11-9, 11-5 and clinched the gold medal.
- ITTF Premium Junior Circuit, French Junior & Cadet Open 2015 was held at Metz, France from 15 April to 19 April 2015.
- Archana belongs to Bengaluru and she is the reigning sub-junior national table tennis champion, also claimed a bronze medal in the team event after a loss in the semifinal.
- Archana had won a silver medal (team event) at the Belgium Open in first week of April 2015 and she had also clinched a pair of bronze medals (cadet singles and team event) at the Italian Open in March 2015.
- The 14-year-old is the reigning National Sub-Junior table tennis champion (the first to emerge from Karnataka since B.M. Ashwini in 1999) and finished 2013 as the state’s top-ranked player in four age-groups (Sub-Junior, Junior, Youth, and Women).
- Published on: April 23, 2015