Army Cloud, Software Defined Data Centre and Digi-Locker facilities launched [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the launching: Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has launched Army Cloud, Software Defined Data Centre and Digi - Locker facilities for the Indian Army. These facilities are great use for faster documentation, information and speedy delivery of services.
- The Indian Army has launched a program for Digital Army with nine pillars for digitization.
- From that, three of the nine pillars of this umbrella program, namely Broadband highways, Universal access to telephones and Army Data Network stress upon Information Technology Infrastructure development.
About features of Digi - Locker:
- This inventiveness is launched to provide a secure and private data storage space to all the units.
- It has all the innovative features like watermarking and digital signatures.
- The Digi - Locker of Indian Army is similar to e - Locker of Digital India program.
- Users can store, share and access the data from anywhere any time on the Army Data Network.
About features of Data Center and Army Cloud:
- It includes a Central Data Centre and a Near Line Data Centre, both in Delhi and a Disaster Recovery site.
- It will provide all IT setup including servers for computing, storage, network and network security equipment.
- This is similar to the Meghraj; the Cloud of National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Published/Last Modified on: November 23, 2015