Aroon Tikekar a senior journalist has passed away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Aroon Tikekar a senior journalist and scholar have passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra at the age of 72 years. He has served to various newspaper groups and also has penned over 20 books.
About Aroon Tikekar
- He was born on 1st February 1944 in a family of authors and journalists.
- He was the Editor of Marathi newspaper Loksatta of the Indian Express Group Newspaper from 1992 to 2002.
- He has also served as the reference chief of the Times of India (TOI) and a senior assistant editor for Maharashtra Times.
- He was Editor Director of Sakal group of newspapers.
- He also worked as a college teacher for some years before he started his Journalism.
- At the US Library of Congress Office, New Delhi he has also served as Language and Literature Expert and Acquisitions Specialist.
- He had penned around 20 books in Marathi and in English and among them “The cloister’s pale: A Biography of the University of Mumbai” has become well-known.
- For journalism and literary he has get several awards.
- At the University of Pune, he was assistant professor in the Department of Journalism and Communications.
- Published on: January 20, 2016