Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chanda Kochhar and Shikha Sharma Ranked in Fortune List [ Current News (Concise) ]
Arundhati Bhattacharya Chairperson of SBI and top women banker of India have ranked at second position in the list of 50 most powerful women outside US in Fortune List. Along with her two other influential women’s Chanda Kochhar (Chief of ICIC bank) and Shikha Sharma (CEO of AXIS Bank) are also ranked at fifth and ninetieth position successively.
- The list is topped by Ana Botin boss of Banco Santander.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya secured second rank because of her best efforts to continued high-profile clash with the bank’s bad loans, while courting external partners like KKR to invest in the stressed assets
- Whereas Chand Kochhar has managed to increase income growth in this year even after bad loans. And Shikha Sharma has led the Axis as the fastest growing private sector in India.
About Arundhati Bhattacharya:
- Arundhati Bhattacharya was born on 18th March 1956 in Kolkata.
- She is an Indian banker.
- She becomes the first woman who selected as the Chairperson of State Bank of India.
- In 2014, she was listed as the 36th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
- She is the first woman who led an India - based Fortune 500 Company.
- Earlier she joined SBI in 1977 as probationary officer.
- In 2015, she was named the 30th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
- She was also ranked as 4th most powerful women in Asia by Fortune.
- Published on: September 13, 2016