Arundhati Bhattacharya ranked as most powerful woman by Fortune [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Arundhati Bhattacharya: Arundhati Bhattacharya was born on 18th March 1956 in Kolkata. She is an Indian banker. She becomes the first woman who selected as the Chairperson of State Bank of India. In 2014, she was listed as the 36th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
- She is the first woman who led an India - based Fortune 500 company.
- Earlier she joined SBI in 1977 as probationary officer.
- In 2015, she was named the 30th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
- She was also ranked as 4th most powerful women in Asia by Fortune.
About getting top rank by fortune:
- As per Fortune India report, Arundhati Bhattacharya is most powerful woman in the Indian business sector.
- Second place has been secured by Chanda Kochhar of ICICI Bank while Shikha Sharma of Axis Bank is in third place.
- SBI stands State Bank of India.
- State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, Public Sector banking and financial services company.
- It is a government owned corporation and it’s headquarter is in Mumbai of Maharashtra.
- Published on: November 20, 2015