Arunima Sinha an amputee mountaineer scales Mount Aconcagua in Argentina [ Current News (Concise) ]
Mount Aconcagua in Argentina has been successfully scaled by India’s star amputee mountaineer Arunima Sinha as part of her Mission 7 Summits. With this she has claimed her 5th successful summit of the Mission 7 Summits that she had climbed on December 25, 2016 after starting on December 12, 2015.
- And with this she become First Female amputee to climb 5 Mountains of the World and created World record.
- Outside Asia Mt. Aconcagua (6, 960.8 meters) is the highest mountain and it is also known as second Everest.
- It is the uppermost point in both Western Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere.
About Arunima Sinha
- She born in 1988.
- She made the world record by becoming first female amputee mountaineer to climb the Mount Everest (8, 848 meters) in 2013.
- Arunima was pushed out of a running train by robbers and in this accident she lost her left lag in 2011.
- She was a national-level volleyball player but due to this accident her sporting career was spoil.
- She was awarded the Padmashree for her achievement.
- And her life story is Born Again on the Mountain.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 8, 2016