As World’s Most Valuable Company Alphabet Inc. Overtakes Apple [ Current News (Concise) ]
As the most valuable company in the world Alphabet Inc. the parent company of Google has overtaken Apple. In the fourth quarter Alphabet has made a profit of $4.9 billion which is valued at 548 billion dollars followed by Apple with 534 billion dollars.
- The fundamental businesses of Google was one of the largest contributor to had profits of Alphabet which has reported profits about 74.5 billion dollars in 2015 and had made a profit of 23.4 billion dollars.
- Apple had overtaken Exxon Mobil to become the most valuable company in the world in 2012 and Apple became the first company to reach a market value of $700 billion in 2015.
About Alphabet Inc. :
- Alphabet Inc. is an American multinational company which was formed in 2015 as the parent company of Google and several other companies which is earlier maintained by Google.
- The company is based in California and headed by Google’s co-founders, Larry Page as CEO of the company and Sergey Brin as a President.
- It was formed as part of Google’s new organizational structure.
- On October 2, 2015 the reformation of Google in to Alphabet was completed.
- Alphabet’s portfolio includes several industries like technology, life sciences, investment capital, and research.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 3, 2016