Ashok Singhal,VHP leader passes away [ Current News (Concise) ]
Senior Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Ashok Singhal passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana. He was 90. He was suffering from severe respiratory problems. Singhal was a bachelor and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) pracharak all his life.
- He was the conspicuous leader of temple movement in Ayodhya i. e. Ramjanmabhoomi movement.
About Ashok Singhal:
- He was born on 15 September 1926 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1950, he had completed his bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the Benaras Hindu University Institute of Technology.
- After graduation, he became a full time pracharak of right - wing RSS and in 1980.
- He was allotted as leader of VHP and became its joint general secretary.
- Singhal had served as an international working President of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) for over 20 years.
- He was a crucial organiser of the first VHP Dharma Sansad which was held in 1984 at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
- This Sansad gave birth to Ramjanmabhoomi temple movement.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 18, 2015