Asia’S First Rice Technology Park Will Be Set Up in Gangavati as Karnataka Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
Karnataka Government has decided to establish first Rice Technology Park of Asia at Gangavati in Koppal district. Apart from this state government has also absolute to set up a Maize Technology Park at Ranebennur in Haveri district.
- On the public-private participation model both parks will be established as a one-stop solution to all difficulties of rice and maize growers.
- As a value accumulation, the rice technology park would have services for rice flour, rice bran oil, rice rava, rice-based alcohol, noodles, animal and poultry feed and paddy husk used for power age group and brick-making.
- For opening new avenues for rice and maize growers these parks would cover the way.
- It will help farmers to add value to their produce and get better returns and also improve excellence of the produce.
- Maize (corn) is a large scrap plant first tamed by native peoples in Mexicoabout 10, 000 years ago.
- The six major types of corn are
- dent corn
- flint corn
- pod corn
- flour corn
- sweet corn
- The leafy stalk of the plant crops discrete pollen and ovuliferous inflorescences.
- As a starch Maize kernels are often used in cooking.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 9, 2016