Assam Government Launches Rhino Horn Verification Process [ Current News (Concise) - Policies & Governance ]
Assam government has been launches verification process of rhino horns. Since 1980, stored in various treasuries of Assam. Recently, this government instituted a committee to verify genuineness of the rhino horn. Since 1980, it recovered in last three decades and stored in different treasuries of the state.
- 12 members through the process of verification will be conducted.
- Recently, State government instituted rhino horns verification committee.
- Rhino Horns trunks containing will be carried in batches from the treasury to the Golaghat circuit house under heavy security.
- By the district authority, the Special security arrangements have been made for this.
- This committee is headed by former forest officer and former Assam State Information Commissioner, Mohan Chandra Malakar.
- Other member of the committee includes:
Committee will visit every treasury of Assam where the horns are stored and within 60 days is expected to file the report.
Rhino horns are spread in 12 treasuries of Assam, maximum being in Golaghat followed by Nagaon, Guwahati and Tezpur.
The expert’s particular horn would be stated of the State Forensic Laboratory.
- Published on: August 15, 2016