Assamese Litterateur Mahim Bora is No More [ Current News (Concise) ]
Assamese litterateur Padma Shri Mahim Bora has passed away because of old age problems. He was 92-year old. He had received the Sahitya Akademi award for his most popular work ‘Edhani Mahir Hanhi’ in 2001.
- Bora was a Padma Shri and Sahitya Akademi winner and is survived by a son and two daughters-in-law.
About Assamese Litterateur Mahim Bora:
- He was an Indian writer and born on 6 July 1924.
- He was a M.A. in Assamese literature from Gauhati University and teacher in the Nowgong College for his teaching career.
- Asam Sahitya Sabha held in 1989 at Doomdooma and he was elected as a president of the Asam Sahitya Sabha.
His short story collection includes:
- Kathanibari Ghat
- Bohubhuji Tribhuj
- Eai Nadir Sonte
- Mai Pippali Aru Puja
- Rati Phula Phul
- Much aru Manuh
- Tinir Tini Gol
- Putala Ghaiz
- Herowa Digantara Maya
- Chinta Bichitra is a work on criticism.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 8, 2016