At INS Vikramaditya off Kochi coast Combined Commanders Conference will be held [ Current News (Concise) ]
An annual tri-services event chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi the Combined Commanders Conference was held on board INS Vikramaditya about 50 kms off Kochi coast, for the first time out of New Delhi.
- Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval, all three services chiefs and other senior officers of three armed services were attended this Conference.
- The Conference is also known as the Unified Commanders’ Conference (UCC).
- The main objective behind this conference is to discuss India’s Defence policy, doctrine and operational challenges in detail.
- During this conference, Prime minister also reviewed implementations like firing of surface-to-surface missile by INS Nirghat.
- Proceeding to conference PM revived the tri-services guard of honor at Southern Naval Command.
- Published on: December 16, 2015