At Swedish Cup Grand Prix, Apurvi Chandela set world record in 10m air rifle [ Current News (Concise) ]
In the women’s 10 metre air rifle event at the 2015 Swedish Cup Grand Prix Indian ace shooter Apurvi Chandela has set a new world record. And also win the gold medal in the women’s 10 metre air rifle event shooting score of 211.2.
- Earlier world record of 211 score created by Chinese Olympic gold medallist Yi Siling which is broken by her with the score 211.2.
Other winners of the Swedish Cup Grand Prix:
- Silver medal: Swedish shooters Astrid Steffensen
- bronze medal: Stine Nielsen respectively.
- Chandela will represent India in the 2016 Rio Olympics, after she has won an Olympic quota place for India after winning a bronze in the ISSF World Cup in Changwon, Korea in April 2015.
- Earlier in December 2015 Chandela had won the gold medal in the National Championships representing Rajasthan.
About Apurvi Chandela:
- Apurvi Singh Chandela was born on 4 January 1993 at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- She is an Indian shooter who competes in the 10 metre air rifle event.
- She won the gold medal in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow with score of 206.7 points.
- She is also qualified for 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Published on: January 8, 2016