Aurobindo Mukherjee a Veteran Director is No More [ Current News (Concise) ]
Veteran film director Aurobindo Mukherjee a topmost film director has passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal due to geriatric problems at the age of 97 years. He has made many beautiful moves mostly cult Bengali classics with starred matinee idol Uttam Kumar in the early 1970s:
Famous novelist Balaichand Mukhopadhyay who is popularly known as Bonophool is elder brother of him
- In 1950s he had joined Tollywood.
- Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore starred Amar Prem was inspired by Mukherjee’s ‘Nishipadma’.
- In 1971 he had debut Jaya Bhaduri (Jaya Bachchan) in Dhanyee Meye.
- He has won Best Screenplay Filmfare Award in 1972 for Amar Prem
- Published/Last Modified on: February 11, 2016