Australia’s Highest Civilian Award has be Honored to 3 PIOs [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Australia’s highest Civilian awared is honored to 3 persons of Indian-origin (PIO) in 2016. For their contribution in the fields of physics, engineering and medicine. This is announced on 26th January 2016 (the Australia Day).
Three PIOs are:
- He is selected for this awared for his eminent service to physics and engineering, particularly in the field of nanotechnology.
- He is currently serving as an eminent professor at Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra.
- He also works on semiconductor optoelectronics and nanotechnology
- He is selected for this awared for his important service to medicine in the field of ophthalmology and eye care programs.
- He is serving as an eye doctor in New South Wales.
- Since 1985, he is also serving as head of vitreo-retinal surgery at the Westmead Hospital.
- He is selected for his service to dentistry in the State.
- And currently he is serving as a dentist in Melbourne.
About Medal of the Order of Australia
- It was founded Elizabeth II, Queen of Australia on 14 February 1975.
- It is Australia’s highest civilian honour awarded conferred on Australian citizens and other persons for commendable service or achievement.
- Published on: January 28, 2016