Australian Cricketer Shane Watson Retires from International Cricket [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Shane Watson: Shane Robert Watson was born on 17th June 1981 in Ipswich of Queensland, Australia. He is formal professionalcricketer of Australia. He is currently ranked as the world No. 1 all-rounder inT20I. He joined the Australian Cricket team in 2002 and play game against South Africa.
About Shane’s achievements:
- Shane Watson received the award of Allan Border Medal in 2010 and 2011.
- By receiving these Medals in both sequential years, he becomes second player to win the back-to-back Allan Border Medals.
- He also achieved six awards as player of the year in Test matches, ODI and T20I.
- He won four consecutive Player of the Match Awards and so becomes first player to win.
His T20I’s career:
- He played in total 56 T20I matches and scored 1400 runs at an average of 28.00.
- His highest ODI score was 124 with not out and the total score comprises of 1st century.
About Shane’s retirement:
- Australian cricketer Shane Watson has declared his retirement from all International Cricket.
- He made this announcement at I. S. Bindra Stadium in Mohali, Punjab.
- He had announced his retirement from Test cricket at the end of 2015 Ashes tour of England.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 28, 2016