Australian Cricketer Shane Watson announces retirement from Test cricket [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Shane Watson: Shane Robert Watson was born on 17th June 1981. He is an Australian cricketer by profession. He is a right - handed batsman and a right - handed fast bowler. He shows his first performance for the Australian cricket team by playing his first One Day International against South Africa in 2002.
- He holds several records in ODIs and T20s.
- Watson is the highest paid cricketer outside of India by earning over US 5.9 million dollars in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Shane Watson received the Allan Border Medal in 2010 and 2011.
- He won a total of 6 awards in the Tests, ODI & T20 player of the year awards.
About his announcement for retirement:
- Shane Watson has announced his retirement from International Test cricket.
- He decided to retire because losing the match the Ashes opener at Cardiff in which England won by 169 runs.
- In this match he had made 30 runs and failed to take a wicket.
- Published on: September 8, 2015