BHEL commissioned 600 MW thermal unit at Dhabra in Chhattisgarh [ Current News (Concise) ]
BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd) commissioned 600 MW unit of a thermal power project for the Dainik Bhaskar Power Limited (DBPL) at Dhabra in Janjgir Champa district of Chhattisgarh. Dainik Bhaskar Power Limited is the second unit of 2 600 MW power project by BHEL and The first 600 MW Unit was commissioned in 2014 in Chhattisgarh.
- BHEL is partner in the power development programme of the state government of Chhattisgarh. BHEL’s cumulative installed capacity has increased at 11,400MW in Chhattisgarh and accounts for 68 per cent share of the total installed capacity in the state in this commissioning of second unit.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) was founded in 1964 and it is an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is largest engineering and manufacturing company of its kind in India.
- BHEL was named a Maharatna Company in 2013 and B Prasada Rao is the current Chief Executive officer of the Company.
- Published on: April 14, 2015