BHVS Narayana Murthy: New Director of Research Centre Imarat [ Current News (Concise) ]
The new Director of Research Centre Imarat (RCI), a premiere laboratory of Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) located at Hyderabad is BHVS Narayana Murthy the avionics scientist.
About BHVS Narayana Murthy
- He has contributed most in the field of design, development and delivery of Missile launch processors, onboard computers, real-time mission software and many more areas of DRDO.
- BHVS Narayana Murthy has completed his graduation from NIT, Warangal.
- He was the head of the DRDO team who had developed Avionics Systems (Onboard computers, Navigation, Control) of the Indian ICBM class Agni 5 and other missions.
- He was honoured with the Astronautical Society of India Rocket and Related Technologies Award for his outstanding contributions in many defence R&D projects.
- He was also honored with AGNI Award for Excellence in Self Reliance as a team Leader and DRDO Scientist of the Year Award.
About Research Centre Imarat (RCI)
- APJ Abdul Kalam has formed RCI in 1988 at Hyderabad, Telangana as a primary laboratory of DRDO which is mainly work for Research and Development of Missile Systems, advanced Avionics and guided weapons for Indian Armed Forces.
- This laboratory has contributed a lot in successful flight testing of India’s maiden Inter Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Agni V (Range: Over 5,000 kilometres).
- RCI was also a head of India-Israel joint development Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) programme.
About Defence Research and Development (DRDO):
- DRDO is an agency of the Republic of India, charged with the military’s research and development.
- It’s headquartered in New Delhi.
- DRDO faithfully working towards attractive self-reliance in Defence Systems and undertakes design & development leading to production of world class weapon systems and equipment in accordance with the expressed needs.
- Published on: September 19, 2016