BRICS Friendship Cities Conclave Will Be Hosted by India [ Current News (Concise) ]
BRICS Friendship Cities Conclave will be hosted by India in Mumbai (Maharashtra), financial capital of India from April 14 to 16, 2016. The top Urban Policy makers and Planners from BRICS Nations will attend it and they are:
- South Africa
- The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Government of Maharashtra are the joint body of this initiative.
- This is major event after BRICS of Russia.
- The conference will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi which will be attended by representatives of at least two cities from each of the BRICS nations.
- This is three-day conclave.
- It will be organized by Mumbai First, a think-tank working to find solutions for city’s development.
In this conclaves main discussion points will be:
- Urban mobility
- Water and west management
- During PM Modi’s visit to Russia in last year for BRICS summit he had decided for such a conclave which will help to understand and share ideas of development in cities between Brics nations.
- For the conclave Mumbai is selected because of it is best example of development, infrastructure and variety culture and connectivity.
- Published on: March 9, 2016