BRICS Stand Against Terror Groups [ Current News (Concise) ]
BRICS have agreed to stand for intensified cooperation against terror groups such as IS in West Asia and North Africa region (WANA) to steps against the threat of terrorism at G-20 summit in Antalya, Turkey.
The main objective of this decision is “peace building” in the violence-torn region and the summit manly focused on finding a political solution to the “outstanding issues” in the WANA region.
- In this regard a meeting was arranged by the High Representatives on security issues and Ajit Doval the National Security Adviser was the head of the meeting Yang Jiechi, State Councilor of China, Gen Sergio Westphalen Etchengoyen of Brazil, Nikolai P. Patrushev of Russia and Mbangiseni and David Mahlobo of South Africa have attended the meeting.
- The meet have also given platform to raise the issue of a counter terror convention with the all sides before it is forwarded to UN General Assembly.
- Russia, China and India have jointly give efforts to find out some alternative to resolve the continuing civil wars in West Asia and North African region.
- At the same time Russian and Chinese also puts efforts to control violence in Syria and in this regard Minister of State for External Affairs, M.J. Akbar along with diplomatic team visited Syria and Iraq in August.
- Along with threat of terror, other discussion point was non-traditional threats such as cyber hacking in the meeting and BRICT member countries are also agreed put efforts jointly to building and research and development.
- Published on: September 16, 2016