BSNL has decided to increase Broadband speed to minimum 2 Mbps [ Current News (Concise) ]
About BSNL: BSNL stands for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited. It is an Indian state owned telecommunication company. It’s headquarter is in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 15th September 2000.
- It provides fixed telephony, largest broadband services with more than 60 % Market share, and fifth largest mobile telephony provider in India.
- BSNL’s chairman and MD is Anupam Shrivastava.
About improvement in Broadband speed:
- BSNL has decided to increase Broadband speed to minimum 2 Mbps in the country.
- It was announced by Union Information Technology (IT) Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad at a function held in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- The speed will be at no additional cost for all its existing Broadband customers from 1st October 2015 from existing speed plans of 512 Kbps & 1 Mbps.
- BSNL is also going to provide free night calling services from its landline to all operator networks and free incoming roaming services for its mobile customers.
- Published on: September 8, 2015