BSNL rolls out pre-paid card linked mobile wallet [ Current News (Concise) ]
BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) launches pre-paid card linked mobile wallet service ‘Speed Pay’ by Union Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi. BSNL has launched the service in partnership with IT company Pyro which allows customers to transfer cash, pay for services as well as withdraw cash of up to Rs 1 lakh.
- Mobile wallet service ‘Speed Pay’ also allows its customers to load money even if they are not having a bank account.
- The wallet service, Speed Pay, allows a customer to load money even if he does not have a bank account. The money loaded in the wallet can be transferred to an account and even withdrawn at branches or at BSNL outlets.
- There will be one-per cent transaction charge if money from the wallet is transferred to other bank accounts or a there is cash withdrawal.
- BSNL also launched another entertainment service named BSNL Buzz in partnership with Celltick. BSNL customer can subscribe to various contents like news, jokes, contest using smartphone by BSNL Buzz service.
- BSNL Buzz service will be delivered on basis of location information services in seven languages. They are Hindi, Bengali, English, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 7, 2015