Babasaheb Ambedkar Bhavan will be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in London [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Babasaheb Ambedkar: Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, popularly known as Babasaheb, was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer. He was Independent India’s first law minister and the principal architect of the Constitution of India
- In 1990, the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, was posthumously conferred upon Ambedkar
- Many public institutions are named in his honour, and the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport in Nagpur, otherwise known as Sonegaon Airport. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar is also named in his honour. A large official portrait of Ambedkar is on display in the Indian Parliament building.
About the inauguration:
- Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi will be visiting Britain next month and will be inaugurating Ambedkar Bhavan in London during this visit.
- He shared it during his “Mann Ki Baat” programme on radio.
- A few weeks ago he went to inaugurate a memorial close to Babasaheb Ambedkar’s chaitya bhoomi in Maharashtra.
- He said that he will be going to Britain a day after Diwali and inaugurate the place which is now the Indian government’s property.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 29, 2015