Bapi Lahiri Was Honoured with Mahanayak Award by West Bengal Government [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Well-known Music Director and singer Bapi Lahiri was honoured with Mahanayak award by the West Bengal Government. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee deliberated the Mahanayak award to Bapi Lahiri on the occasion of 36th death anniversary of Uttam Kumar.
- Bengali films “Bela sheshe” and “Shankhachil” were together awarded as the best Bengali films of the year.
- Filmmaker Goutam Ghose and director-actor Kaushik Ganguly honoured with the award for best director.
- Paran Bandyopadhyay and Jishu Sengupta were awarded with best actor (male) award.
- Sohini Sarkar received the best actor (female) award.
About Mahanayak awards:
- This award introduced in 2012 by West Bengal Government in the memory of Bengali performance idol Uttam Kumar who is honored as “Mahanayak (Great hero) ” in this part of India.
About Bapi Lahiri:
- Bappi Lahiri Born on 27 November 1952. He is a music composer in the Indian film industry.
- When he was 19 year, he moved to Mumbai. He received his first opportunity in a Bengali film.
- His first popular film was Chalte Chalte in 1976, whose songs became hits thus carrying him appreciation as a music director.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 25, 2016