Bengaluru Police to launch safety app for women and children [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the safety app: The Bengaluru safety app will be similar to Himmat which is an app for iPhone and Android was launched by the Delhi Police, with numbers for WhatsApp and Hike messengers.
- Once an SOS (a distress signal) is triggered from the app, it will reach the two nearest Hoysala (police) vehicles and the nearest police inspector. The police will then immediately arrive at the victim’s location. The app will be used in Bengaluru within a month’s time.
- The Bengaluru Police are also going to setting up FIR kiosks - to simplify the process of filing complaints and finding First Information Reports (FIR). One such kiosk has already been set up in Mantri Mall, Malleswaram, and is being used successfully.
About launching of app:
- Bengaluru city police have launch a safety app for women and children.
- A similar app already exists in Delhi and the Bengaluru cops hope to follow the model successfully in the city and at a later point, in Karnataka.
How the FIR kiosk works?
- Each kiosk is enabled with high - definition audio and video technology and a touch - screen.
- Any member of the public can walk into the kiosk and file an FIR which goes directly to the jurisdictional police.
- The individual can print, sign and scan documents as well.
- Once the FIR is filed, a digitally - signed FIR is issued as acknowledgement.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 13, 2015