Bhuvan Ganga Mobile Application launched to aid National Mission for Clean Ganga [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti launched Bhuvan Ganga mobile application and a web portal to aid National Mission for Clean Ganga. Bhuvan Ganga app and web portal was launched after a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the National Mission for Clean Ganga and the National Remote Sensing Centre (ISRO).
Bhuvan Ganga app will allow people to upload pictures of pollution sources of river Ganga for further action by the concerned authorities.
Purpose of the user-friendly Bhuvan Mobile App and Portal:
- The android based app will help in monitoring Union Government’s flagship Clean Ganga Mission.
- It will be used as a tool to support decision making and planning for the Clean Ganga Mission.
- It will enable public to collect and report information on various pollution sources that affects the water quality of river Ganga.
- Bhuvan Ganga Portal is an exclusive web portal deployed in ISRO Bhuvan’s geoportal with all geospatial layers related to river Ganga.
- The first version of the app is available for download in the Bhuvan Ganga web portal URL is http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/ganga.
- Published on: June 25, 2015