Biggest Defence Expo 2016 of India is Kicked Off in Goa [ Current News (Concise) - Defense ]
The biggest ever land, naval and homeland security exhibition Defence Expo 2016 of India has been started at Goa. The Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has inaugurated this four-day biennial event. For the first time in the history the Expo is held outside the national capital New Delhi.
- This is the 9th edition of the series of biennial land, naval and internal homeland security systems exhibitions.
- “Rise of Futurism” is the theme of 2016.
- The main aim is to make India wealthy by founding world class science and technology base in defence sector.
- Another aim is to offer India’s Defence Services decisive edge by making them with globally diffident systems and solutions.
The Expo will display participation of 1, 053 companies from different 47 countries including major defence production countries such as:
They will display their combat ware in their stands to each other and exhibit the capabilities of their defence equipment.
It will also reflect involvement of the major public and private sector companies in India like Defence Research as well as Development Organization (DRDO).
DRDO will display live demo of followings:
- Airborne early warning & control system (aewcs)
- Light combat aircraft (lca) tejas
- Main battle tank (mtb) arjun
- Wheeled armored platform akash
- Air defence system
- Pinaka multi barrel rocket launcher
- State of art radars
- Other equipment.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 29, 2016