Biggest Single Rooftop Solar Power Plant of the World Inaugurated in Amritsar [ Current News (Concise) ]
Biggest single rooftop solar power plant of world with 11.5 Megawatt (MW) capacities was inaugurated at Dera Baba Jaimal Singh in Beas near Amritsar in Punjab. It is spread over 82 acres of rooftop in single campus on multiple roofs with installed capacity of 19.5 MW
- At the cost of 139 crore rupees this plan was established and it would produce clean and green energy satisfactory to power approximately 8, 000 homes.
- With the help of this solar system 4-lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) will be narrow in the next 25 years.
- The Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) will obtain clean power formed from this plant according to the power purchase agreement signed Dera for 25 years.
- In September 2013 the first phase (7.5 MW) of this project was launched and was coordinated with the grid in April 2014.
- In February 2015 the second phase (12 MW) was launched and corresponding in December 2015.
- Seven rooftop solar power plants of 8MW capacity were also inaugurated in Beas Dera campus with this.
- It is the highest single campus generating solar power of 19.5 MW at several rooftops in the country.
- Punjab is producing 470 MW of solar power and projects of 500 MW capacities currently which are in the pipeline.
- State would be able to generate solar power of close to 1, 000 MW by the end of FY 2016 - 17 after completion of these projects.
- Published on: May 19, 2016